snails

The problem i understand with snails is when you have large quantities in your
tank. Not living necessarily, (though lately i have wondered how much snail
excrement adds to my tanks water) but all those little dying bodies. THe snail
bodies and shells decomposing must add tons of harmful stuff to the water. I have
no test or anything, but logic seems to me. I mean we look for gravel without
shells, and snails don't live forever (no idea about snail life span, imagine it
varies form type to type) so all those shell must go somewhere. I know i often
can hear shells crunching when i move rocks in my tank. Someone forgot whom
mentioned raising (maybe lowering again don't remember) the ph of the water and
having the snails surface for easy removal. Just some thoughts.

    -Ri.