From: Jim Spencer <jimsp at yahoo_com>
Subject: Re:Jordanella floridae (American Flag)

Jennefer wrote:
>snip
>The caption by the picture says:"A little known but good
> algae eater is Jordanell florida, the American Flag."
>Has anyone ever seen these fish or used them in their
> aquariums?
>snip

If you search the APD archives you will find many postings on the
American Flag Fish. IMHO it is by far the best algae eating fish
around. It eats large amounts of algae. They will quickly clear your
tank of filament type algae. The one big problem I have with them is a
high mortality rate. It may be the soft and slightly acid water
condition I maintain doesn't agree with them.

==
Jim Spencer
Sayre, PA