Re: Amazing! Thanks!

At 01:40 PM 12/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>This is  wonderful! I must admit, I thought I was doing you (and others) a
>favor when I answered what I mistakedly assumed was a relatively simple
>question, (along the lines of, "Don't trouble yourself, dear I'll see what
>he wants.")

I'm sure the person you responded to appreciated your response, and the
rest of us appreciate your participation.  I'm not sure you are doing a
"favor" to me or any other person except the person asking the question,
since none of us are responsible for answering anything we don't want to
respond to.

>I have read literally every book on the subject of fish and
>aquariums in the Megacity of Toronto Public Libraries (with the exception
>of the Toronto Reference Library) in the last 7 years and I have now
>learned that I know squat. This is (excuse me) totally cool!!

Congratulations! learning that you have a lot to learn is the first step to
true knowledge.  I've learned a tremendous amount from this list.  I'm sure
you can too.

The next step is to accept well intentioned correction with good grace.

Pax

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association