>Cations:
>Ca/Mg		83%		27%
>Na		14%		56%
>K		3%		17%
>Anions:
>HCO3		50%		41%
>SO4		30%		8%
>Cl		20%		51%
>
>Or does it really not matter if the ratio of the cations in our tanks and in
>a tropical stream is different, given sufficient Ca, Mg and K for plant
>growth?

Geez. Just add marine salt. Note the high Na and Cl levels. Some crypts
(ciliata, pontiderifolia) are known to do well in slightly salty water.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719