Carbo-plus system

Paul Sears wrote:

>	To put it mildly, this sounds dubious.

It really does what these guys say.  I saw it in action.  It _does_ produce
lots of _very_ fine CO2 bubbles that are small enough that they _do_
dissolve before reaching the surface if placed near the bottom of the tank.

>You can electrolyse water quite well using carbon electrodes,
>but the products will be H2 and O2.

Would that lower the pH?  This thing does.

I'm not convinced that it is ceaper than a DIY pressurized system, but it
was pretty neat, and has the advantage that there are none of the dangers
of a pressurized gas cylinder.  Of course you do have potential electricity
and water hazards...<g>

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association