Glossostigma and water hardness

I've got 4 our 5 clumps of Glosso. in my 75 gallon.  When I got it, it was
growing vertically, and the plant didn't really look all that great (seemed
to have an iron deficiency? - leaves where a little washed out).  Now, the
plant's color is much better, but it's not really growing all that fast at
all.  Of course I want horizontal growth.

I wondered if my water was a little too hard.  I usually try to keep it at 4
dGH, and last night it was 5 dGH.  I wonder if lowering that to 2-3d would
help.  I use RO water, so I can tinker with it.  Anyway, here's some
specifics on my tank.

75 gallon All-Glass (usual dimensions)
220 watts VHO, 2  URI Aqua Suns
Laterite in bottom 1/3
CO2 injection, KH at 4d, pH 6.7 - 6.8, maintained by controller, plants
bubble quite a bit, especially Cabomba
Duplaplant tablets at water change, Duplaplant drops most days (but not
everyday), 3-4 drops
Nitrates < .25ppm, according to LaMotte

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti
President, Allanti Cycling Club - http://www.allanti.com