Re: DIY Power Compacts

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Mark Pan wrote:

> 1) If these aren't Power Compacts, what are? As far as I can see, they are
> far and away more powerful than any 2-foot fluorescent lamp I've seen. You
> mean PCs are even more powerful still?? If so I'd like to get my hands on
> some.

See the URL for General Electric I posted yesterday (and my reply to the
last message). It's my understanding that what people are calling "Power
Compacts" are higher wattage and larger tubes, and are slightly more
efficient, i.e. 40 - 96 watts per "U" tube.  The 13-watt biaxial (and
26-watt quad) tubes have been around for many years.

  - Erik

---
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com