Re: DIY Power Compacts

Mark Pan writes:

> 2 x Osram Dulux D, 1,700 lumens 6,000 K lights (now that's very, very
>  white!)
>  26Watts with rated output of 150W (!) Or so the box says so anyway :-)

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't a standard 40-watt Flourescent tube rated
at like 3,120 lumens?  And Ultralumes give off even more than that.  If this
is the case, I don't understand how a lamp with 1700 lumens ranks a rating of
150W, unless it is being compared to incandescents.  Then we are mixing apples
and kumquats, and I fail to see the output advantage of PCs

Bob Dixon