RE: Zebra Mussels

First I would like to say that these mussels are an aquatic invasive
species in n. america and should *NOT* be introduced into a hobist
tank.  Reasons? a) a single mussel can and will produce several million
young yeach year. b) they stick to other beneficial things (mussels,
plants, etc..) and slowly take it over, c) they quickly disrupt the
ecosystem of the area. d) alot of places it is illegal to harvest
aquatic invasive species including eurasian milfoil and the like (to my
knowledge)

If this is not reason enough then I would urge you to goto several of
the internet search engines and do a web search on this species and read
about all the problems that they are causing.

Ed