Zebra Mussels - Anyone tried?

I'm curious if anyone keeps mussels in their tanks.  I've heard that
people do it to turn over and aerate the substrate.  Has anyone on this
list tried it, and what has been the results?

Will they propogate so fast that they take over the tank?  Any problems
with plant roots, etc?  Problems with fish?

Several of the lakes around here are loaded with them, so getting them for
free is no problem (until they freeze over at least... <grin>)

| Curtis V. Shambeau  |  curt at execpc_com  |  http://www.execpc.com/~curt |
|                Executive Vice President - Exec-PC, Inc.                |