Hair algae and light?

This was brought up the other day when I was looking at my 20G aquarium,
I have 2 full spectrum bulbs (15watt each) on a timer set for 14 hours a
day.  After a recent uprising of hair algae I was wondering if decreased
amounts of light would kill it back some.  Having live food in the tank
(daphnia, rottifers, and amphnipods) makes it very hard to do a water
change, tho I have been looking at some type of fabric so they don't get
sucked out of the tank.

Ed