SF Bay Area MTS

I stopped by the PetSmart in San Leandro yesterday.  (At the Bayfair mall)  They had a veritable plague of trumpet snails.  I asked if they would sell me a few, and the guy gave me a bunch for free.  The guy there said they're trying to get rid of them.  I'd have gotten more, but the store was rather busy and I don't think the sales guy wanted to spend time with a non-paying customer.

If anyone is looking for these snails, try this place.  If you are afraid of brush algae, you might want to steer clear, however.  Many of the snails had the algae growing right on their shells.

David Ozenne
Berkeley, CA