RE: Tank depth

> From: George Booth <booth at frii_com>
>
> I would seriously think about trying to maintain a tank of that depth.
> Unless you have really long arms, getting to the bottom to plant and prune
> will be difficult. I'm 6'2" and a 24" deep tank is as deep as I would want
> to go. Spend some time at the fish shop with your arm in the tank to see
> "how it fits". Think about a 90g tank instead.

I'm 3" shorter than you are George, and I don't have any trouble maintaining
my 30 x 30 x 84 inch tank.  Reaching to the very bottom of the tank is
difficult of course, but generally I only need to reach a short distance
beyond the top of the substrate, of which I have about 5".

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir