RE: Green water

Hello Michael,

Spring and Fall algal blooms are a known phenomenon in nature. It is not
too farfetched that they also happen in aquaria.

Does exposure to daylight matter, or do algae have an internal clock?
Mussels do: They will open and shut in synchronization with tides of
their place of origin, despite living in an aquarium in, say, Kansas!

Best,

George

> I have been following the green water sagas with interest, been 			> there myself just recently. The BIG question is this: Why did so 			> many people experience green water problems now, almost at the same time?
We could dismiss this as "someone writes about it and others come out of
the
woodwork to comment" or it just might be something interesting - like a
seasonal phenomenon (I'll go back through the archives and check on the
dates of other reports) - or even a conspiracy of the "wee green
beasties
from hell".

Michael Eckardt