Aquatic fungi

Hey everybody
        I was wondering if we have any mycologists on this group. I was
looking at the bottom of my tank with a flashlight to see the root growth.
Many people know that some fungi form a mycelial web around plant roots
that help both plant and fungi. I know that there are some aquatic fungi.
But I don't know if they would work the same as they do for our terrestrial
plants. The reason I ask is that there seems to be a light green organism
growing around my plant roots.
        If those who can could take a look at there root system and maybe
give opinions on what they think it could be fun. Maybe we could help out
the world of mycology with there study of new species.

Matt Estep
Smiley21 at boone_net
828 264 3756

SMILEY