Dying Fish

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:53:03 -0500
From: "Darren R. Gold" <dargol at email_msn.com>
Subject: Re: Dying Fish

<

>Here's another fiercely debated topic :).  Actually, nobody knows for
>certain what a fish feels or doesn't feel.

In the book Aquariology - Fish Diseases and Water Chemistry Dr. John B.
Gratzek suggests two methods to killing fish. One is pithing, which is the
severing of the spinal cord  with a sharp instrument. The second, and a
method I will continue to use when necessary, is an anesthetic overdose. In
this case two Alka-Seltzer tablets in 17 to 34 oz. of water will initially
anesthetize and eventually kill the fish.