Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #624

In a message dated 11/4/98 4:06:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

<< From: Stephen Boulet <csb046 at lmpsil02_comm.mot.com>
 Subject: Algae-eating fish

 I'd like to compare some notes on common algae-eating fish for the planted
 tank, and invite people to make comments and fill in the blanks.

Common Pleco's , I have found they get rid of all algae in my tanks, they will
clean plants without doing any damage to them. Once all the algae is removed
move them to another tank or supplement their diet with Spirulina flake or
Zucchini Slices, or lettuce.  For if hungry enough they will consume plants in
the long run.

Regards,

John van Rompu