Re: Quarter Inch Gravel for Glossostigma

>Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:56:44 +0100
>From: "Soren 'Disky' Petersen" <disky at disky-design_dk>
>Subject: Re: Quarter Inch Gravel for Glossostigma

>>IMHO (in my humble opinion), you will have a hard time getting Glossostigma
>>elatinoides to grow in quarter inch gravel.  It's not a matter of how much
>>growth you are going to lose, it's whether or not it will grow at all, or
>>just wither and die.  In my tank, I created a pocket of fine (2-3 mm)
>>gravel, surrounded by 5-8 mm gravel.  The Glossostigma spread and filled in
>>the area of fine gravel, then stopped and just grew vertically.  It did not
>>penetrate the coarse gravel at all.  I have used this fact to help
>>landscape my tank, creating interesting sculptures of Glossostigma.

>How much light did you use??

>And how deep was the tank??

>I have tried growing them a few times, but they always just die
>( Everything else grows fine. Including Echinodorus Tennelus, which according
>to www.tropica.dk needs the same amount of light.

My tank specs are available at my web site.  I do not have a picture of the
Glossostigma on the web yet.  Incidentally, I also have Echinodorus
tennelus, and the Glossostigma is crowding out the the tennelus.

Hoa

Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/