Re: Co2 injection worthwhile in THIS case?

>Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 22:51:17 -0500
>From: BlackNet Runner <br at ldl_net>
>
>I have an interesting problem at hame.  Have been looking at the various
>co2 systems and started monitoring the co2 levels in my 20 gallon tank,
>which stays around 9-14 ppm.  From what I have been reading anything
>from 10-20 seems ideal range.  My concern is is it worth spending $400
>for a co2 setup in this case?

How do you measure CO2? If you use the pH/KH/CO2 charts, there are many
caveats (as in, they may not work in your case). If you use a cheap CO2
test kit, there are still a few caveats. If you use a good CO2 test kit
(Lamotte, Hach), there are maybe only one or two a few caveats.

So, how do you measure CO2? If you're NOT injecting CO2, 9-14 ppm sounds a
tad high. Not impossible, mind you, but kinda unlikely. See the CO2 info on
my web site for more details.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/