Otocinclus vs. SAEs

Does it take a special membership to be able to get a message like the one
below on the LIST?

>Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 14:28:00 -0500
>To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>From: William Bennett <wbennett at jt_cc.va.us>
>Subject: Otocinclus vs. SAEs
>
>I have not (like a lot of others, I guess) been able to get SAEs in my
area or thru known mail order. What I would like to get some feedback on is
how people feel Otocinclus do as a substitute for SAEs. I have them and
they seem to be doing a dandy job gobbling up algae on plants, glass,
and/or gravel. They are friendly and interesting to watch. How would SAEs
be better?