Cl

It seems to me that you could lower your fish load and change less water
more often.   I rarely change 25% except when I space out and leave the
siphon in too long.  With most aqauria, and especially planted aquaria, less
is better.  With a lot of light, a good substrate and CO2 you shouldn't have
to change 25% if you don't have a big bioload and do at least biweekly
changes. I've gone away for a month and let a electronic feeder and come
back to an algae free tank.  Equilibrium is the watchword here, no?