Re: Re:75 gal and water changes

    [...]
    I> reality, a couple of buckets, or better yet a barrel, left full of
    I> water for a couple days will more than suffice.  And once the tank is
    I> running, 10% changes every week or even 20% every 2 weeks will be more
    I> likely to stress fish if the temperature or other parameters is too far
    I> out than chlorine or even chloramine will.

I agree that this works just as well as any dechlorinator.  I used to do
this when I had an apartment with a porch that I could hide the buckets in.

I've gotten a lot lazier about this and less tolerant of the clutter, so I
just fork out the 3 bucks for a dechlorinator. I've been able to significantly
reduce my total maintenance time and junk space for my "show" 45 gal.

Carlos E. Munoz
<cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com>