RE:eating thread algae

Well,

What it is somewhat long, about 3-4" and mostly on my crispus and java
moss.  It has yet to get on the laceleaf or crypts.  wouldn't call it a
'minor' cause of it because if I pull it off then it will grow back
elsewhere and I don't want to use bleach.  I have worked long, hard and
with lots of reading, studying and research to get a natural looking
aquarium.  tho I am not saying using bleach is bad just not for me :)

I did find a petshop that cary's sae's for mail order and they recomened
using black molly's.  I recently put 6 baby's in the tank and this am I
seen them picking at the thread algae, dunno how much they will consume
nor if I have to many / not enough.

As for platies, have not considered them at all, what type food do they
require?

Ed