Re: Java fern

> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:15:22 EST
> From: Zxcvbob at aol_com
> Subject: java fern in goldfish tank
>
> It's been about two weeks.  I was wondering, how deep should they be planted?

Two weeks isn't enough time in the life of a Java fern. They grow at
a snails pace compared to the others. If they are small, then I've
noticed they also don't grow as fast as the larger ones. I also
wouldn't 'plant' them. Try tying the base of each to a rock or small
piece of wood with black thread or small fishing line. A new leaf
'unrolls' itself from the base and planting may impede this process.
Tie them up and give 'em some time. New roots will attach it in time.
Jamie Johnson         "Keep your eyes on the stars
Chemist-Trace Metals   and your feet on the ground"
Davis & Floyd, Inc.            -Theodore Roosevelt
jjohnson at davisfloyd_com