Re: Glossostigma elatinoides and fine gravel

>I like this plant very much but have read that it's small root
>system encourages the use of fine grained gravel and wonder
>if 2-3mm gravel is to large to make rooting easy.

hmm, sound right.

>I have also wondered if introducing 1-2mm gravel as a substrate
>produces an overly anoxic subtrate?

Might be.

>Do you have any opinions on these?

Not really, but if you test it, please email me, because i want to try to
built an amano tank someday, with Glossostigma as carpet. But one thing i
know for sure, they need a gigantic amount of light. Else the will 'reach'
for the light, and even die.

With many thanks

Soren 'Disky' Petersen

Please visit my Aquaria Homepage at