BBA bloom

A couple of weeks ago I decided on two changes to a long-standing
successful plant tank:

1.  Increase micronutrients (Flourish) by George's formula to shoot for
150ppb Fe
2.  Feed my 5 SAEs more heavily for better growth

It took about 10-20 2ml doses of Flourish in a 50 gallon to finally show
residual iron (about 25ppb) after 12 hours.  I increased the feedings from
daily to 3-5 times a day.

There has been a growth of BBA (black brush algae) on damaged plant tissues
very near the surface (high light).   The rest of the tank shows no BBA.
There has also been a hydra bloom.   I attribute the latter to the food.

Since I am curious as to what brought on the BBA, I am going to stop the
Flourish for a while and see if the BBA declines.   If not, I will resume
the Flourish and cut the feedings.   Keep you posted.

--
http://www.wcf.com/wcf