Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #597

>Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:17:18 -0400
>From: krandall at world_std.com
>Subject: Heating cable benefits?
>
>I don't remember whether George has talked about longevity of tanks
>w/o cables that didn't have a UGF. I _think_ that his non-cable tank had a
>UGF.

We had at one point:

55 gal with UGF and no CO2 ("no tech" control set up)
85 gal with UGF + CO2 (no laterite)
90 gal with a full Dupla setup
100 gal like the 90 but without cables

All had the same water parameters and the same fertilizers. The 100 gal
tank was the troublesome one. The 85g UGF tank required periodic massive
gravel vacuuming to keep it growing well.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/