Professional Aquatic Soil

I'm in the process of setting up a 75 gal., and was planning on using
some red clay with sand as the bottom layer of the substrate (can't bring
myself to cough up the $$$ for some prepackaged overpriced Laterite),
when I came across something called Professional Aquatic Soil.  It is
designed to be used in artificial backyard ponds and appears to be a red
clay that has been baked and ground to a sand-like texture.  Cheap, too.
The label indicate exactly what it is made of.  Anyone have any
experience with this?

Bob Sumner
Virginia Beach