RE: holes in leaves

hmm, holes in leaves due to potasium deficiency? Doesn't that cause
yellowing of the margins of young leaves and iron chlorosis?  Howerver,
I have read and seen that a high nitrate (NO3) level can and commonly
does cause holes to appear.  Also rot, decay and cryptocoryne rot are
like that as well.

The question that I have is what is your nitrates level and what else
inhabit the tank? I once had a plant that repetively had holes and I
found that it was a fish eating away at them :)

Ed