Re: Cheap Cooling Fans

>Anyways, does anyone know where I can get a tiny 4"x4" fan and two finger
>guards cheaply (around twenty five dollars). Maybe at the Home Depot or a
>electronics store or some other pet mail order houses? Please e-mail me
with
>your suggestions and with *any* other solutions to my dilemma. Thanks.

An electronics distributor, MPJA (Marlin P. Jones & Assoc.), www.mpja.com,
1-800-652-6733, sells a large selection of fans.  I've used this company
for various electronic projects (my other hobby!), and they're very
reliable.

I don't know exactly what you want, but for a 4" x 4" 120VAC fan, you'd be
paying about $12.95 each.  This is probably the cheapest you'll find fans,
unless you buy them from surplus.  Prices drop rapidly on certain fans,
because, for example, a 3 3/8" square fan 120VAC costs $5.95...

Their website has access to a complete list, which has dimensions, CFM,
noise (dB), bearing/sleeve, connection, approval (UL), weight and price.

They also have fan covers, which cost about $1.00-$1.25 each.

>Buy the way, what are <g>, and laterite? My guess is that the former is a
>mouth and a tongue and the latter is a fancy word for clay.

<g> is usually used to say something in a light manner, usually jokingly.

As for laterite...I'm not sure.  There has been a LOT of discussion on
this list about that in past months, but I didn't pay attention to what
they were saying! :)

--Matt
tparnell at oeonline_com