Adjusting KH and RO water

Currently I use Seachem's Acid and Alkaline Buffers and Recon 50 to
reconstitute the RO water I use at water change time.  I wonder what the
advantage is over Seachem's products and plain old Arm & Hammers baking
soda.  I'm thinking of trying plain baking soda next time, finding the exact
amount needed to get 4 KH in a 5 gallon jug.

Is there any pros and cons to either approach (Seachem vs Arm & Hammer)?  Of
course the baking soda is way cheap, plus it is readily available.

"The passing of time leaves empty lives, waiting to be filled".
-- Morrissey

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti
President, Allanti Cycling Club - http://www.allanti.com
I/T, IBM Global Services