Barclaya observation

I've had numerous flower heads on Barclaya plants never reach the surface of
water, and so never open up for pollenation, yet these heads have swollen
with seeds a few times and "exploded" during the night, leaving a stalk with
no head and bulb fragments floating on the water.  The seeds probably are
always sucked up by the Eheim surface extractor, although a few have managed
to sprout a leaf or two before being sucked up by the filter (so far I've
not bothered to try and raise the seeds).  I have a few stuck in the surface
extractor right now, which I'm going to dig out and push down in the
substrate and see what happens.

Just a pointless ramble.

"The passing of time leaves empty lives, waiting to be filled".
-- Morrissey

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti
President, Allanti Cycling Club - http://www.allanti.com
I/T, IBM Global Services