Re:Finding adequate lighting for 75 gallon

Kelly Beard wrote:
> I'll could buy the hood from Champion since it looks like an effective unit.
> I'm not cheap, although I'm realizing that setting up a 75 gallons is more
> $$$$ than setting up a 20.  I'm more frugal than cheap, but even that seems
> to be rare!
>
> Anyway, your advice is appreciated.

If you don't already have the skills and tools to build a hood, you
might want to investigate its requirements. A Router and Table saw plus
a piano hinge are all that it takes. The ballast can be had for about
25-20 dollars. I have built three hoods here and learned with each.
--
Ric Cooney, N3BRB
rcooney at bcpl_net