co2 additions and plant growth

yes, lets bring this topic back up, because I have some important issues
to discuss on this topic :)

First and formost I setup an extremely cheap aquarium with the following
materials,  a 2.5 gallon oct tank with hood (non-florescent, bulb type
;) a 35 watt plant growth light, pourish clayish substrate, steal wool,
and a power filter.  Am unsure of the cost on all of these but it's not
that much when you consider standard tank setup's :)

After having little luck with bananna plants and laceleaf plants in my
20 gallon tank I decided to move them over to the 2.5 gallon tank for
some testing.  Last night the everything has new stalks and growth up to
2" per plant.  And I use 0 co2 additions

Ed

> Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:11:19 -0700
> From: "Alysoun McLaughlin" <alysoun.mclaughlin at ncsl_org>
> Subject: Re: Optimum Aquarium Setup
>
> >From: Jennifer Glover <jglover at wam_umd.edu>
> >Subject: Optimum Aquarium Setup
> >
> >I have always wanted lush plant growth, but could never get healthy
plants.

> We had an all-too-brief discussion of this, specifically about whether
CO2