Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #520

At 03:48 AM 9/17/98 -0400,  MarkyTkd at aol_com asked:
> I have a pH of 7.4 and I need it around 6.8. My fish
>start losing color when the water is alkaline. Does anyone have a way of
>lowering pH?

Gee, Mark, what kind of fish do you have that are so fussy about pH?   Most
fish don't care much about 6.8 vs 7.4.   Anyway, I would try adding some
peat (the cheapest sphagnum peat moss with no additives) stuffed loosely
into a nylon stocking.   Put it in the tank and keep a close eye on the pH,
when desired level achieved, pull stocking out.

--
FormMaestro                              <http://www.wcf.com>