Re: DIy glass aquariums

> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:48:08 -0230
> From: "J. Daniels" <jdaniels at servco_nf.net>
> Subject: Re: Glasss thickness
>
> You can get a nomograph for glass thicknes which allows you to plot the
> tanks height verses length and read off the appropriate glass thickness
> from several curves shown on the graph. I forget the specific text names
> however any book outlining basic aquarium construction should have a
> copy of something similar. If not, try the engineering texts at your
> library, under materials sciences. Also, check and see if they refernce
> a safety factor and a glass type in the nomogram. Not all glass is
> created equal and some graphs may present a 'pure' material behavior
> while others show the 'applied' values.

 I came into this thread late so maybe this has already been discused but, I've been looking all over for information about making DIY glass aquariums and haven't been able to find anything. Bookstore, library, LFS no one has been of anyhelp. I will try looking under
material sciences, but i also need to know about framing, and sealing. Can anyone be of any help. Any info would be appreciated. THanks,

                                            Ri
    Hey-  by the way i tried looking at many web pages but to no avail. I wonder if i didn't just miss it? The web is a big place.

Kansas City, MO
cloudy and 78