Beefsteak plant

As a follow up to my post yesterday I was told that a Beefsteak plant is
called "Shiso" in Japanese. I researched this and was lead to Perilla
frutescens. This plant is a non aquatic plant which is used as a
seasoning herb. The plant I have looks similar to the Beefsteak plants
pictured except that it seems to be a miniature version. My plant also
does not have the fine hairs that are described on the terrestrial
Beefsteak. Has anyone heard of Perilla frutescens being grow in aquaria
or does anyone know of similar plants that are?

Richard Hostler
Product Information Editor
PC Connections
(603) 423-2234