LA Stores and Canadian cheques

>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:32:57 +0800
>From: taburnok at skyinet_net
>Subject: ALL .. PLEASE PLEASE READ
>
>hi all .. hope everybodys doing fine and enjoying their tanks .. :o)
>my parents are now in the LA are PASADENA in particular .. if theres
>anybody on this list from this area .. pls help .. COULD YOU RECOMEND
>ANY good plant sources in the area .. or if anybody is willing to sell
>
>Thanks in Advance
>MIKE ..

Your best bet is probably the Aquarium Stock Company on (I think)
Melrose, in Hollyweird. They're in the phone book. Big ad.

There's another good stor, I think it's on Venice Blvd near the 405
but it's been a while. Best bet is to look in the yellow paegs and
call around, although I'd always use any excuse to go to Aquarium Stock,
it's a cut above the rest.

>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
>Subject: U.S / Cdn. funds across the border
>
>This method works extremely well, another method is to open a US bank account.
>American Banks, typically charge the depositee  $10 service charge for a CDN
>chq on a US bank, CDN banks typically charge the Cheque writer $10 or $15 if
>the chque is drawn on a CDN acct but written in as US dollars.
>Avoid these charges get a money order or open a US chequing account.
>
>Reagrds,
>John van Rompu

I guess I've been lucky. I've never seen any incdental charges
or had any problems on either end of a us funds on a Canadian check
transaction. I guess it depends on the banks.

--
Richard J. Sexton
richard at aquaria_net