What the XXXX is this stuff???

I have an algae problem (there, I said it... now I feel better).

This stuff looks just like the Spanish moss that you see hanging from trees
in the bayou (or the stuff/moss you find covering the dirt on a house plant
when you buy a plant from the store). It appeared rather quickly (within a
week).

What is it?

I just recently got some SAEs and a Bristlenose form Albany Aq . Will
either of these take care of it?

I was overdosing the PMDD for a while, but now I think I have the dosage
right. Could this have brought it on?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff