U.S / Cdn. funds across the border

Several people have discussed various problems with getting cheques drawn on
a Canadian bank accepted by an American bank. One method I have used
repeatedly with no problem and very little effort and/or cost on my part is
to use Money Orders issued by Canada Post. They are available at every Post
Office and postal outlet in Canada and can be had in any currency in use on
Earth. You have to go to the Post Office to buy the stamp anyway, just buy a
Money Order in U.S. funds at the same time. Less hassle on both ends. I've
even used Money Orders to pay for mail order goods from Europe.

James Purchase
Toronto, Ontario