Re: Poor Man's Amano Substrate.

I fianlly got some pumice gravel.  I went to eastern Idaho forthe holiday
weekend.  While there, I mentioned that I was looking for the stuff.  My
brother recommended that I talk to Thane (one of his in-laws).  When I asked
Thane, he said "Sure, we dig that stuff from quarries all over the place
around here.  How much do you need?"  I told him 2-3 cubic feet, and he said,
"Shucks, I've got that much in my shed left over from my driveway.  Help
yourself."

So, the next question is, anyone who has seen Amano's pumice-and-peat
substrate want to guesstimate, by volume, what the mix ratio is for the peat?
Would you recommend sphagnum from a nursery, or pelletized like the Fluval
Peat Pellets?

Bob Dixon