Re: PMDD Dosing

Jeff Bodin <bodin1 at gte_net>

>One last try... I asked before but no answer....

I'll venture an opinion. Assuming adequate phosphate and a normal
PMDD formula...

You're adding way too much PMDD. Try 0.2 ml/10gal, maximum 0.4 ml/10 gal.
Get four SAEs and a bristlenose.

>Also, my giant hygro looks terrible, no growth, small leaves. All of the
>larger leaves fell off.

I've had trouble growing it. Maybe pH is too low for it.

>Also my giant val is not growing at all.

Strange, its usually easy.

>Melon swords are not growing but Amazon Swords look good though.

For what it is worth, I've found that most swords do much better in
a fertile substrate of dirt or mulm.

Regards,

--
Dave Whittaker