Shipping Malysian Trumpet Snails (and plants)

Anyone have any suggestions on shipping Malysian Trumpet  snails.  Can I
just throw them in a zip-lock surrounded by packing peanuts and box em up
and ship US postal ?.  Maybe 2-day?  How long will they last?  Do I add
Ammo-Lock or other.  I Don't suppose I need to add food, right?  In addition
I am planing on sending some plants, should I just through the MT snails
along for the ride on the plants ? These are going from Virginia to
Pennsylvania, this should only take 2-3 days US Postal - ground service.

Thanks
Tom Brennan
brennans at ix_netcom.com