Aqua Terra

Hi,

Regards Aqua Terra, I have noticed that it combines
the "nutrient rich" ingredients of clay and peat.

My word of caution is that if you desire CO2, the most
frequent method of pH buffering would be a carbonate
based buffer typically of calcium carbonate or sodium
bicarbonate. Both of these 'tools' work well with the
popular pH/KH/CO2 table which is very helpful to a CO2
system. The problem a peat based substrate introduces
is that the peat will introduce its own (non-carbonate) pH
buffers, nullifying the tables usefulness.

If the intent is a non-CO2 supplemented tank, perhaps
Aqua Terra is OK. But even then what do you do if you
decide on CO2 at a later point? I think a more prudent
approach would lean on the cheapness of traditional
gravel combined with Laterite. While each box is fairly
expensive, you only need a little.

Christopher Coleman

christopher.coleman at worldnet_att.net