Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #424

Karen Randall wrote

>My experience has been that some plants that don't do well in our water
>with only moderate light, can do very well with more light and higher
>levels of CO2.  I'm not quite sure why this is, however.

This has been my experience with many of our Australian native aquatics,
especially those from the tropical north that come from the monsoonal belt
e.g. Eusteralis (Dysophila/Pogostemon). I wonder if Karen would be kind
enough to list some of the species she feels are in this category so we
could advise intending growers.

We could then publish (perhaps in the AGA journal) that those folks with a
single tube setup and no CO2 could expect reasonable results with species
A,B, C  etc but if they were prepared to add another tube, a timer and CO2
then D,E, F, G, would be more likely to do well.

Regards,
Bruce.

Bruce Hansen, A.N.G.F.A., Advancing Australian Aquatics.