Tank repair

I have a 60 gallon that I am trying to repair for a friend. The
plastic frame on the top is not one piece. It has mitered corners (cut
at 45 degrees and joined) and one of these joints has failed.

So far epoxied has failed to hold joint and gluing in a piece of glass
from the front of the frame to the back of the frame failed. I am out
of ideas and need some help.  I dot no the manufacturer or I would try
to get a new frame. Anyone ever actually repaired one? Any good ideas?
Anyone know what they glue these joints with at the factory?

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"