Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #413

Hello Dave,

(snip)
> as I explained above, only a fool would add something unknown to a 		> successful setup.

Exactly my sentiments!

The amusing part is, that the "secrecy" which is supposed to protect the
"inventor" from competition is almost certainly known to all major
competitors or possible competitors, but not the hobbyist/customer.

People in the business, salesmen, suppliers, etc talk. The News gets
around. But even if nobody talks, a reasonably competent chemist, having
access (i.e. working in) a well equipped lab, can analyze the "goop"
quite easily in his/her "spare time" (i.e. after hours or on private
time).

Is the "mystery" supposed to enhance sales?

Best,

George S