PLANTS FOR DISCUS TANKS

I have a 250 l.itre discus tank which I would like to p.lant out.  Can anyone advise me on what to use and how to go about it.  Unfortunatel.y the temperature is 29-30C which is quite high.  I am getting a Dupla CO2 unit for the tank.  Are heating coils beneficial to keep the substrate heal.thy?  How will I go about cl.eaning the gravel. as I would like to add the Dupla laterite.  The water has to be very cl.ean for these fish so some form of gravel. clean has to be done.