Re: Clarifying agent

I stirred up a bunch of kitty litter once, or maybe it was a baterial
bloom (it was gray and not green, did not filter out well), and I added
some Accu-Clear.  The water was as clear as could be after a few hours.
I had tried Brite 'N Clear before on the same bloom with no effect at
all.  Brite 'N Clear, if I recall, is the sodium salt (sulphate?), but
Accu-Clear is some kind of polymer flocculent.  I noted no adverse
effects to plants or fish with either product, even though the polymer
flocculent worried me a bit.

John
pitney at uiuc_edu  http://www.physics.uiuc.edu/~pitney/