Amano Blue

>Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:44:43 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Romano <romano at pathcom_com>
>Subject: Amano Blue
>
>I'd be very interested to hear from someone who knows for sure how Takashi
>Amano
>achieves those incredible sky blue backdrops to his tanks. I'm pretty sure
>that it isn't simply a blue piece of cardboard as the blue is translucent
>from the lighting.On pages 100 and 101 of the July edition of TFH magazine
>there is a photo that shows an entire tank including the sides. The blue
>lighting is on all sides and shows a continuous graduation from blue to
>white, going from bottom to top. Curiouser and curiouser.

I'm not sure how he does his backdrops, but I have a copy of a Nature
Aquarium World video and can tell you that at least in the tanks he
displays for the video, his backgrounds are not permanent.

In the video, he displays his tanks with blue, black, and white backgrounds
for very different, stunning effects.

--
David W. Webb
Live-Foods list administrator